
So I still don't have a job... :( Ha ha but I still got time. Anyways so it is career fair this week so lots of fun things. Tuesday night there was the PAC-10 rules and regulation guy he came and spoke to a group of kids. It was very interesting and fun. I also decided I either want to be his secretary or marry someone with his kind of job. ha ha He get an account that allows him and his wife to go to any game they want. He also get to sometimes sit in the VIP booths. So cool. However he does have to go telling everyone that they broke the rules and all that other bad stuff.
That night was also Meet the Firms night. The companies didn't pick me to interview with them. However, I got some cool stuff from them. PWC (Price Waterhouse Cooper) one of the Big 4 accounting firms was there and they gave out these cool business cards that have seeds in them. So you can plant the card and a flower will grow. Neat huh, I am attempting to grow one as we speak.
Wednesday Morning. Today was the career fair, this is where a variety of companies come looking for all kinds of students. Most of the accounting firms don't go to this one since they attend the meet the firms night. There were some investment companies there that I spoke too but just didn't interest me. Also the IRS didn't show up this year, that was the one I was really looking forward to speaking with. What was good though was I was talking with this company called URS, and I really liked what they had to offer. Although the guy said they weren't hiring very many people this year. So this company is an integrated engineering, construction and technical services organization. If I were to work with them I would do more of the corporate side of accounting which would be way fun. The guy I talked to (Trapper was his name) really liked what he does and for the last couple of years he has moved to about four different areas working on projects in finance. I think that would be fun. Plus he was assigned to Dallas and they have a corporate office there or something like that.
I also talked to this other company that kind of does similar stuff. They have a contract with the Navy, but are more research based. Jerry from there said I could work with purchasing and contract administration with them. Both companies look good, so I have submitted some resumes with them.
The best part of this week though is the free stuff I get from them here are some pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment