Monday, September 3, 2012

Event Pics

Bike all checked in and ready for the big race.

Yeah we were on the last row - transition area had two rows of 25 racks and then our side had 5 more rows. This was only on the Olympic side. All those other racks to the right are for the Sprint distance. LOTs of bikes.

6:00am glory

Here is where it all begins... the transition

And I am off...

You cannot even see the other side of transition haha... but you can see that most the bikes are gone at this point.


Carol ... our runner.

Almost finished!

the red carpet finish line

They got our names in the wrong order. so for that day I was Carol.

Post Race photo op. :)



Some of my race swag.

And a close up of my medal.
So one more accomplishment to add to year 25 of my life. :) It was a great day and I got a sweet tan from training and the race. I even got a 3029 TriTat tan  from the day of the race. Now I am going to train to complete a tri on my own... but that might not be for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment