Saturday, June 29, 2013

Status updated to TRIATHLETE!!

So I finished my first triathlon of the season! Whoop whoop! What an accomplishment for me. It was only the shorter triathlon but it had some challenging parts. There is a hill on the bike portion named HEART BREAK HILL. yup it is killer. Most pople including me, because I didn't train for it, had to walk up it. The way down though was super fun and FAST!
Sunscreen in the transition area

Transition set up

Lining up to start the race, man my legs are all funky colors. tan... not so tan ... white

Waiting to get in the water

Almost to the start. The three guys behind me were making everyone laugh.
 One of the guy's kids came over and was like "Daddy, I thought this was a race? why are you still in the back" haha It was their first time, too. I kept passing them on the course because there are lots of switch backs so we saw each other a lot. I have no clue what their names are though. haha

And we are off. it was super slippery



ready for the bike ride

Finishing the bike ride


beginning the run

drinking water on the run

one more mile left

the home strech


I FINISHED
 I finished right before the awards ceremony. Just in time for them to announce my name as I finished. the 3 guys behind me did not get their names announced. I felt sad for them.
 All done. You can see they gave us all little stuff animal gators. It was called the Gator bait triathlon, because there use to be a gator living in the lake. Fun stuff, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment